Monday, December 1, 2008
Another Depression on the Way?
After reading Drake Bennett's article on another possible depression, I really thought about our country's economic crisis. I feel that a depression is near, and I do not see much that can stop it. I think many Americans are in a state of denial because the last thing they want is another depression, but we are in too deep of hole. I do believe that this depression can not be as bad as the last one though. I feel that Bennett's take on unemployed workers watching tv a lot is very believable. I also feel that there are a lot more jobs available now then there were back then. So, I feel that the percentage of unemployed workers in a depression now would greatly differ than the depression back then. Although there is a possibility that we could dig ourselves out of this crisis, it would take a lot of work to get our economy back to a stable point. America is well on its way to another depression, but our country can easily band together to end it quickly.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Unfortunately, major depressions rarely end quickly. But lets hope we have the leaders in place to make sure we can put an end to this one.
Post a Comment